To want a flat stomach is perfectly normal and if you want help with that, check out the 5 best exercises to lose belly fat at home below.
If you want to see your abs, doing abs exercises will only help you to a certain extent. The issue with not seeing a six-pack is likely the body fat percentage you currently might have. If getting a six-pack is your goal, you first need to be in a caloric deficit and lower your body fat.
Not only your nutrition needs to be on point for you to lose belly fat, but you can also increase your calorie expenditure by performing activities and that is what these best exercises to lose belly fat at home are all about. The person who came up with this list was Max Posternak.
Max Posternak is the founder of Gravity Transformation, a website focused on giving tips and training guidance for people looking to improve their fitness and lose weight. His YouTube channel has over 5 million subscribers.
Check out his 5 best exercises to lose belly fat at home.
5 Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat At Home
1. 4 Step Up and Overs + Mountain Climbers
For this exercise, you can hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands. Step up on a small platform sideways and came out the other side. Do this 4 times and then perform 4 mountain climbers.
2. Mayweather Stand-Up
Technically part of this movement is a sit-up, but you will stand up tall at the end of it. This exercise works a lot of muscles and gets your heart rate up.
Lay on the ground with a weight above your head. Swing the weight towards your feet as you sit up, bring the weight in front of you and stand up tall. Squat and sit back down to repeat the movement.
3. Alternating Kneel Down + Squat Jump
Holding a pair of dumbbells in your hands, kneel backwards to lunges alternating the foot each time and kneeling down. After doing two kneel downs, one with a different starting foot, squat down and jump.
4. Sprawl and Alternating Sit Throughs
This looks like a complicated exercise, but once you know how to do it, it is great and that is why it features Posternak’s list of best exercises to lose belly fat at home.
It involves a sprawl, a half-burpee, a downward dog position, and a kick through.
5. Weighted Burpee
Of course, it had to be the burpee. But to take things to the next level, Posternak advises doing this fat-burning exercise with a dumbbell on each hand.
And that was Posternak’s 5 best exercises to lose belly fat at home. If you have minimal equipment at home, you can perform any of these exercises. If one or more of these movements looks difficult to you, Posternak explains how to regress the difficulty and still burn fat to shrink your belly.
Simply click on the video below.
VIDEO – Best Exercises To Lose Belly Fat At Home
More content from BOXROX:
Losing belly fat is important for several reasons, beyond just aesthetic concerns. Excess abdominal fat, particularly visceral fat (fat that accumulates around internal organs), is associated with various health risks and conditions. Here are some key reasons why it’s important to reduce belly fat:
- Reduced Risk of Chronic Diseases: Excess belly fat is strongly linked to an increased risk of chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases (such as heart disease and stroke), and certain types of cancer (such as colorectal cancer).
- Improved Heart Health: Belly fat, especially visceral fat, is metabolically active and can release inflammatory substances that contribute to heart disease and high blood pressure. Losing belly fat can help improve blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and overall heart health.
- Better Insulin Sensitivity: Belly fat is associated with insulin resistance, a condition in which cells become less responsive to the effects of insulin. Insulin resistance is a precursor to type 2 diabetes. Reducing belly fat can help improve insulin sensitivity and lower diabetes risk.
- Enhanced Lung Function: Belly fat can compress the diaphragm and restrict lung function, leading to breathing difficulties. Losing belly fat can help improve lung capacity and overall respiratory function.
- Lowered Risk of Sleep Apnea: Excess abdominal fat can contribute to sleep apnea, a sleep disorder characterized by interrupted breathing during sleep. Losing weight, including belly fat, can reduce the severity of sleep apnea symptoms.
- Improved Hormonal Balance: Belly fat can disrupt hormonal balance, including increased production of stress hormones like cortisol. Hormonal imbalances can affect mood, energy levels, and overall well-being.
- Reduced Inflammation: Visceral fat is associated with chronic inflammation in the body, which is linked to various health problems. Losing belly fat can help lower inflammation and its associated risks.
- Enhanced Digestive Health: Excess belly fat can put pressure on the digestive organs and contribute to gastrointestinal discomfort. Losing belly fat can improve digestion and reduce discomfort.
- Better Mobility and Quality of Life: Carrying excess belly fat can impact mobility, making everyday activities more challenging. Losing belly fat can improve mobility, energy levels, and overall quality of life.
- Positive Psychological Impact: Achieving and maintaining a healthier weight, including reduced belly fat, can boost self-esteem and confidence, leading to improved mental and emotional well-being.
It’s important to note that spot reduction (targeting fat loss from a specific area) is not an effective strategy. Overall weight loss through a combination of a balanced diet and regular physical activity is key to reducing belly fat. Lifestyle changes that promote overall health, including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, stress management, and a nutritious diet, can lead to gradual and sustainable reductions in belly fat and its associated health risks.
Source link: https://www.boxrox.com/5-best-exercises-to-lose-belly-fat-at-home-updated/ by Robert Born at www.boxrox.com